It always makes a book more interesting when you have fierce female characters. Whether they be main characters or side characters. The age of “damsels in distress” is hopefully changing.
So who are these femme fatals?
- They don’t play the victim card
- They stand up for what they believe in
- Their not afraid to take on challenges
- They think outside the box
- Their not looking for others to solve their problems
Who are these fierce females?
*I am only listing characters out of books that I have personally read. This list is in no particular order*
- Stasya from the Hunter’s Truce series by Elle Beaumont.
- Anne Shirley from the Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- Johanna Mason from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling
- Jade from Jaded by K.M Robinson
- Amanda from If I was your girl by Meredith Russo
- Kady from the Illuminae Files by Ami Kaufman and Jay Kristof
- Zinnia from Voice of the Sea by Elle Beaumont
- Starr Carter from The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Annabeth Chase from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
- Alice from Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Nxyie from Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Pen from Girl Man’s Up by M-E Girard
- Alex from The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- Dora Ray from The Birth House by Ami Makay
Wow! Am I right?
Who are some of your favorite fierce female characters? What makes them stand out for you? Let me know down in the comments below.
Till next time,