I saw a bunch of these “Down the tbr hole” posts on Sara’s blog and thought it sounded like fun. This meme was created by “lost in a book”.
The idea behind this meme is to cleanse your Goodreads tbr of books you will never read. I don’t know about you guys but I have SO many book on my tbr list. If I see a pretty cover, or fun sounding title and sometimes they end up being books that I’m really not interested in.
The rules for Down the tbr hole
- Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
- Order on ascending date added.
- Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
- Read the synopses of the books
- Decide: keep it or should it go?
I’m going to try and pick at least 10 books because quite frankly, there’s probably a lot listed I have no actual interest in reading.
Related post- 10 Bookish Goals for 2020
Let’s get this list started
- Nameless Queen by Rebecca McLaughlin. Keep! This book really does intrigue me. It’s a fantasy, involves a Queen people want dead, and just sounds like an absorbing read.
- The last train to London by Meg Waite Clayton. As pretty as the cover is, this book is a toss. It’s compared to “All the Light we cannot see” by Anthony Doer and that was a book I really didn’t enjoy.
- Born a crime by Trevor Noah. This one is definitely a keep. I hope it has many laughs in store for me.
- Boy Erased by Garrad Conley. This one has me conflicted. It sounds like a story of finding ones true self but it also sounds like something that would make me incredibly upset and throw me into a dark hole. So for the sake of my mental health it’s a toss.
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel. This one sounds like it could be good, plus the female lead is a physicist and that’s pretty awesome. It’s a keep.
- Every fifteen minutes by Lisa Scottoline. This one sounds like it could either be really good or be a dnf somewhere in the middle. I shall give it the benefit of the doubt and keep it.
- Help Me! By Marianne Power. Toss. It sounds like it could be good but it also sounds a little entitled and that’s not my cup of tea.
- I am not a serial killer by Dan Wells. Keep! It sounds right up my alley, haha.
- All the hidden truths by Claire Askew. Toss, this one sounds incredibly triggering so I will give it a pass.
- We should all be feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. This book sounds like a read that would really intrest me. Keep!
Related post- February reading wrap up
Results for my first down the tbr hole post
I went through the first 10 books I had listed as “to read” on Goodreads. I ended up with 6 books I will keep and 4 books I will toss.
Well for a first go Down the tbr hole was actually fun. So on that note be prepared to see plenty more of posts like this.
Did I toss any books you would have kept? Let me know in the comments below if this is something you do.
Till next time,