Hello my bookish friends! I feel like I’ve fallen off the face of the earth but I’ve actually been reading! In January I read 11 books! That’s almost as much as I read all of 2019.
I read a mix of novellas, children’s books, manga, adult and young adult books. I also ended up dnfing 6 books! Which to me is a little nuts but I’ve decided if it’s not grabbing me, I’m not going to force myself to read it.
I also ventured into reading a adult contemporary romance with some “smut”. Intimacy scenes is something I haven’t read in quite a while so it was a tad awkward. The book “Get a life, Chloe Brown ” was also a audiobook narrated by a fantastic woman but it did come off as a little awkward to listen too. Haha.
All in all January was a great reading month for me.
So what did I read?
- Get a life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert *4.5 stars*
- Remembering Ethan by Leslea Newman *5 stars*
- Bindings of the Sea by Elle Beaumont (you can read my review here) *5 stars*
- No, we can’t be friends by Sophie Randal *4 stars*
- I, Cosmo by Carlia Sorosiak *4 stars*
- Bee Heartful by Frank J. Siloe *4 stars*
- Coral by Sara Ella *4 stars*
- How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you by Mathew Inman *5 stars*
- Pokemon Adventures vol 2 by Hidenori Kusaka *3.75 stars*
- If I was your Girl by Meredith Russo (you can read that review here) *4 stars*
- Women under Scrutiny by Randy Susan Meyers *4 stars*
Here’s what I dnfd in January
- Claim your Crown (arc) by Tarah-Lynn Saint-Ellen
- Borderline Shine (arc) by Connie Greshner
- Grow Kind (arc) by Jon Lasser and Sage Foster-Lasser
- A People’s History of Heaven (arc) by Mathangi Subramanian
- Astonishing Colors of After by Emily XR Pan
- Wicked Girl (arc) by Jeanie Doyle
If you are interested in reading Elle Beaumont’s book you can check her out at her website here.
what did you read in January? Have you read any of the books I listed above? Let me know down in the comments below.
Till next time,