It’s funny, I’ve been blogging for a couple of years and have never done a GOALS post. I won’t sugar coat it, 2019 was a train wreck of a reading year for me. I was in a massive reading slump pretty much the entire year.
Last year my goal was to read 45 books, when October rolled around and I still had yet to read 1 book, I changed it to 5.
December 2019 is pretty much when all my reading happened. I read 17 books in 2019 and 16 of them were in December.
So now (hopefully) that I have my reading mojo back I’d like to conquer some bookish resolutions.
So what are my goals?
- I would like to read at least 35 books. Since 2019 was pretty much a write off I didn’t want to make my Goodreads goal too high.
- Get more involved with the bookish community. Talking about books is really fun (for me anyway) so I hope to make some more book friends, follow booktubers/bloggers ect.
- Review every book I finish. This is one that Authors and publishers really appreciate. If you read a book you enjoy, tell people! Leave reviews on Amazon, bookstore sites, Goodreads ect.
- Be consistent with my blogging. I have a bad habit of blogging and then stopping. I need to stop that.
- Organize my bookshelf! My bookshelf is a MASSIVE mess. Lol. There was a time when I had multiple book shelves and over 900 books, for the most part they always looked neat. Now I have way less books and 1 bookshelf.
- Read something, anything by Brandon Sanderson. Haha, I have been wanting to read books by Brandon for years, have yet to do it….
- Read out of my comfort zone. By that I mean read more science fiction, classics, and nonfiction.
- Don’t be afraid to dnf. Has this ever happened to you? You’re reading something and its just not grabbing you, than don’t be afraid to dnf it.
- Read and Review the ARCs I have. Currently I have about 30 ARCS to read and review. Publication dates vary. Right now I have ARCS with publications dates between January and July 2020.
- Find some new teas to match with the books I’m reading. Okay, okay. I didn’t want to leave my goals at 9. Haha. But I really do enjoy herbal tea and hot chocolate so finding some good ones that match the books I’m reading would be a bonus.
To see some previous ARCs I had check out this post http://confessionsofabooknerd.com/2019/09/09/what-arcs-are-on-my-tbr/
What are some book related goals you have for 2020? Let me know down in the comments below.
Till next time bookish friends